Sunday 4 May 2014

Micellar Water?


Hola Dalimoos,

Before I go on with the post I need to make it clear that this post is my own opinion and I am by no means an expert in the field and I am only writing as I see things...

So I, like practically everyone in the beauty community loves the Micellar water. I bought into the whole hype of the Bioderma and finding its cheaper dupe. 

L'Oreal brought theirs out first and I really liked it. People moaned about wastage but personally if you put the cotton wool on the opening before you turn the bottle there is no wastage - simples!!!

Then Garnier brought theirs out and there was a frenzy for this, I read reviews saying it was better than L'Oreal and it was the closest dupe to Bioderma!  I was a bit like meh...I wasn't too sure they both worked pretty much the same in my opinion.

So this got me thinking, which one has the most ingredients closest to Bioderma and to my surprise both L'Oreal and Garnier have what looks like EXACTLY the same ingredients and the ingredients are pretty different to Bioderma - Bioderma having a higher grade of ingredient obviously!

L'Oreal Micellar Water

Garnier Micellar Water
Bioderma 
Bioderma 

As I see it, these are both the same product.  

This revelation has me thinking about blogging in general and how we conduct our reviews and all that jazz!  (This is by no means a bashing session to anyone - I am looking at myself when I say this) I wonder do any of us actually do proper research before we say a product is the next best thing or a perfect dupe for something?  Should we, when reviewing something, really be using a product a while or even fully research the product before we can give an opinion on it?  *shrug* oh I don't know...

Anyway that aside and getting back to the point of the post.  In my opinion the only thing that makes Garnier a dupe to Bioderma is the shape of the bottle.  Both L'Oreal and Garnier are very good cheaper alternatives for the Bioderma and I would say buy whichever one is on offer at the time as they both work!

Anyway my lovelies...what's your take on what I posted today.  I would really like to hear your thoughts.

Until next time

Ciao for now xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love your feedback.

Leave a message I always reply xx