Saturday 23 November 2013

10 under £10

Hola Dalimoos,

So there is a tag people are doing on Youtube of 10 make up pieces for under £10 each.  As I don't do Youtube I thought I would translate this to a blog post.  I have also decided to stick with the products I have started using day to day.

1. Foundation:

So to start off you need a base.


I am not your full coverage type of person on a day to day basis and rarely wear foundation.  For the purpose of this post I thought I should really look out for a foundation as most people do wear foundation on a daily basis.

So I found the new kid on the block:  L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint.  It is being advertised as "lighter than water" and your perfect nude.

I have to say I am surprised how much I like this foundation.  It is very light and you do not feel like you are wearing foundation at all.  You apply it like you would perfume, shaking the bottle and putting a small bit on your finger and blending into your face.  It sinks in completely and just evens your skin tone out nicely.  If you like full coverage foundations then this is not the foundation for you.   This has converted me to wearing foundation everyday as it is so light.  I love this stuff.

You can buy this from Boots £9.99.

2. Concealer:



There is only one concealer that I would recommend and this is the one that I have been using for such a long time and repurchase it time and time again and that is the Collection Lasting Perfection.  

This is such a great concealer and is full coverage and lasts ages.

You can buy it from superdrug for £4.19

3. Dark Circles  

I have been using Seventeen Phwoarr in both fair and medium to conceal dark under eyes.  I recently did a review *here* and would highly recommend.

You can get these from Boots £5.49

4. Highlighting


To compliment the concealing with the Phwoarr you could also use a highlight pen like L'Oreal Lumi Magique, this helps brighten the eyes further but you could also use this for your brow bone and cupids bow or any other places you like to highlight.

You can buy this from Boots - £8.49

5. Finishing Powder:



To set your concealer and foundation try Maybelline Fit Me Powder Flawless.  This is a very fine powder and does not apply powdery and gives extra coverage if needed.  I find I do not need to retouch when I am using this.  Great for the price.

You can buy this from Boots - £5.99

6. Blusher:


I didn't know whether to choose a powder or a cream blush as personally I have never really been one for cream blush that was until I tried this one and completely feel in love with it.  This is the Bourjois Blush Exclusif, this blush is a cream to powder blush and sells itself as containing a self-reacting PH reactive pigment which means the blush is individual to each person as it gives a personalised pink colour depending on your PH.  I use my Real Technique stippling brush to apply.  It really is a wonder product.  It gives me the right amount of flush and I find that it changes shade depending on my body temperature throughout the day.  Love it!!

you can buy this from Superdrug: £7.99

7. Bronzer


I felt there could really only be one bronzer for this post and that was the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder.  This has tiny flecks of gold but it is still pretty matte and I use this as contour too.  It is packaged as chocolate bar and smells of chocolate too.

You can buy from boots for £6.99

8. Eyes




Whilst making my list of things I wanted to talk about  I was torn again between powder or cream and this eyeshadow won hands down.  Maybelline 24 hr color tattoos in on and on bronze for me is a great day to day eyeshadow one sweep over your eyes and your done or you can use it as a base for a more deeper night look.  They do not crease on me and last all day.  Definitely worth the price tag!

You can buy from: Boots for £4.99

9. Mascara


When it come to mascaras I like/have so many it was hard to choose.  I decided to go with one I have repurchased on more than one occasion.  This is the MaxFactor eye brightening mascara and the one I use is the blue eye version.  This mascara separates the lashes really nice and adds some length.  It doesn't really add volume but that is ok for day to day!  It is supposed to make your eyes stand out.  I am not sure it does but I do like how my lashes/eyes look when I have this mascara on.

You can buy it from: Superdrug £6.99

10. Lip product


Last but not least is the lips!  I decided to go with a product that is easy to use and there is no faffing around with and you could apply it on the go with no mirror.  This is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Lovesick.  These are creamy like a balm with a great colour pay off.

You can buy this from: Superdrug for £7.99  

So this is my 10 under £10.  I hope you like my take on it.

Until next time

Ciao for now xx

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love the maybe line colour tattoos
    Lovely choices

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are such good value for money too. definitely one of my favs! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! :) Loved reading your 10 under £10, might have to purchase a couple from your list!
    Just letting you know that I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. You can find more info on it on my post http://faceitamy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-versatile-blogger-award.html :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I am on my way to your post now to find out more....xx

      Delete

I would love your feedback.

Leave a message I always reply xx